Your cartThere are no more items in your cart
This is recipe brings childhood memories growing up in Dominican Republic. My grandmother would make this dish every time she received fresh meat from the family farm in the country side. She would season the beef and hang it to dehydrate until almost cured. She would then deep fry it and served it with a variety of side dishes like Yellow Rice, Black Bean Rice, Pigeon Peas Rice, Boiled Yucca Root, Boiled Plantains, Boiled Green Bananas, etc. (Email me for recipes of the side dishes if you feel adventurous). While I don’t have the time to cure beef. I replicate this dish in my air fryer creating a similar texture and flavor in record time.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 15 min.
- 2 lbs. of flank steak (you can use other quality steak options).
- 1 oz. Caribbean Rub.
- 2 tbs. olive oil.
- Cut the steak in strips of approximately ½ in. x 2 in.
- Add the olive oil to the steak pieces covering all surfaces. (this acts like a binder)
- Apply Caribbean Rub ensuring to cover all surfaces.
- Optional: Marinade for 3 hrs.
- Cook in the air fryer at 400 degrees for 10 -12 min.
- The texture of this dish is similar to dry beef.